Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst Pathway
San Antonio College
About This Program
SAC CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive cybersecurity training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce. The program offers three pathways (via in-person or asynchronous online learning environments) to provide training, certification prep, assistance with job placement, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity. This program is offered at no cost to selected participants.
About This Pathway
The Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a cyber defense forensics analyst work role where they are able analyze digital evidence and investigate computer security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation. Pathway graduates might also perform work as a computer forensic analyst, a computer network defense (CND) forensic analyst, or forensic technician.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, first responder, woman, military spouse, underrepresented minority, or government personnel.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Reference checklist.
Target Work Role(s)
Industry Certifications Included
Start And End Dates
Aug. 28, 2023 -- until -- May 31, 2024
Duration (In Weeks)
Digital Badges Awarded
- NCAE-C SAC Linux Installation and Configuration
- NCAE-C SAC CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks
- NCAE-C SAC Implementing and Supporting Servers
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- NCAE-C SAC Computer System Forensics
- NCAE-C SAC Information Technology Security
- NCAE-C SAC Incident Response and Handling