Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst Pathway
San Antonio College
SAC CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive cybersecurity training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce. The program offers three pathways (via in-person or asynchronous online learning environments) to provide training, certification prep, assistance with job placement, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity. This program is offered at no cost to selected participants.
The Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a cyber defense forensics analyst work role where they are able analyze digital evidence and investigate computer security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation. Pathway graduates might also perform work as a computer forensic analyst, a computer network defense (CND) forensic analyst, or forensic technician.
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
- Entry Level
- Asynchronous Online
- Jan. 17, 2022
- Aug. 31, 2023
- 16 weeks
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- NCAE-C SAC Linux Installation and Configuration
- NCAE-C SAC CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks
- NCAE-C SAC Implementing and Supporting Servers
- NCAE-C SAC Incident Response and Handling
- NCAE-C SAC Computer System Forensics
- NCAE-C SAC Information Technology Security
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Reference checklist.