Cyber Defense Incident Responder Pathway
San Antonio College
SAC CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive cybersecurity training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce. The program offers three pathways (via in-person or asynchronous online learning environments) to provide training, certification prep, assistance with job placement, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity. This program is offered at no cost to selected participants.
The Cyber Defense Incident Responder Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a cyber defense responder work role where they can investigate, analyze, and respond to cyber incidents within the network environment or enclave. Participants will also learn how to act effectively and efficiently to counter cyber-based terror attacks against our nation's internet, communications, and network-based infrastructure. Graduates of this pathway might also work as a computer network defense incident responder. Pathway graduates might also perform job duties as a computer network defense incident responder, incident handler, incident responder, or incident response analyst.
- Cyber Defense Incident Responder
- Entry Level
- Hybrid (Online and Face-to-Face)
- Jan. 17, 2022
- Aug. 31, 2023
- 16 weeks
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- NCAE-C SAC Computer System Forensics
- NCAE-C SAC Information Technology Security
- NCAE-C SAC Incident Response and Handling
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)
- Must have at least two years IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Reference checklist.