System Administrator Pathway
University of West Florida
UWF CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce in the areas of systems administration and cyber defense. The program offers two pathways in an asynchronous and online learning environment. Both provide training, industry certification prep, job-matching support, program support resources, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity for transitioning military personnel, transitioning first responders, and veterans.
The System Administrator Pathway is designed to prepare participants for entry-level system administrator or related work roles, which are responsible for setting up and maintaining a system or specific components of a system (for example, installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks; implementing operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures). The pathway may lead to cyber defense infrastructure support specialist work role tasks that support tests and implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software. Graduates could perform other jobs, including as a network operations specialist, technical support specialist, and system testing and evaluation specialist. Jan. 3, 2023 is the deadline to apply for participation.
- System Administrator
- Entry Level
- Asynchronous Online
- Jan. 16, 2023
- Aug. 30, 2023
- 33 weeks
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- NCAE-C UWF CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep Course
- NCAE-C UWF CompTIA A+ Exam Prep Course
- NCAE-C UWF CompTIA Network+ Exam Prep Course
- NCAE-C UWF Risk Management
- NCAE-C UWF Essential Cybersecurity Defense
- Basic computer and IT skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation.