Cyber Defense Infrastructure Support Specialist Pathway
University of West Florida
UWF CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce in the areas of systems administration and cyber defense. The program offers two pathways in an asynchronous and online learning environment. Both provide training, industry certification prep, job-matching support, program support resources, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity for transitioning military personnel, transitioning first responders, and veterans.
The Cyber Defense Infrastructure Support Specialist pathway is designed to prepare participants for a cyber defense infrastructure support specialist work role to protect information systems from threats. Participants will learn fundamental techniques in defending a computer network, securing industrial control systems, applying security compliance and audit, and collecting and utilizing threat intelligence that pertains to ICS. They will also gain a working knowledge of various programming software tools, including programmable logic controllers (PLC), human-machine Interfaces (HMI), open-source intelligence (OSINT), and Wireshark. Learners will practice learned techniques as they engage in hands-on laboratory exercises utilizing the Center for Cybersecurity’s state-of-the-art Florida Cyber Range®. Jan. 15, 2023 is the deadline to apply for participation.
- Cyber Defense Infrastructure Support Specialist
- Asynchronous Online
- Jan. 30, 2023
- April 30, 2023
- 13 weeks
- NCAE-C UWF Network Defense Fundamentals
- NCAE-C UWF ICS Security Fundamentals
- NCAE-C UWF Security Compliance & Auditing
- NCAE-C UWF ICS Threat Intelligence
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. - School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation.