Technical Support Specialist Pathway
San Antonio College
SAC CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive cybersecurity training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce. The program offers three pathways (via in-person or asynchronous online learning environments) to provide training, certification prep, assistance with job placement, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity. This program is offered at no cost to selected participants.
The Technical Support Specialist Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a technical support specialist work role where they can assist customers who need help utilizing client-level hardware and software in accordance with established or approved organizational process components. Participants will also learn how to design, implement, and secure computer networks. Pathway graduates might also perform job duties as a customer support specialist, help desk representative, or user support specialist.
- Technical Support Specialist
- Entry Level
- Hybrid (Online and Face-to-Face)
- Jan. 17, 2022
- Aug. 31, 2023
- 16 weeks
- NCAE-C SAC Introduction to PC Operating Systems
- NCAE-C SAC CCNA 2: Routing and Switching Essentials
- NCAE-C SAC Advanced Linux
- NCAE-C SAC Network Security
- NCAE-C SAC Firewalls and Network Security
- NCAE-C SAC Information Technology Security
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- NCAE-C SAC Linux Installation and Configuration
- NCAE-C SAC CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks
- NCAE-C SAC Incident Response and Handling
- NCAE-C SAC Computer System Forensics
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Reference checklist.