Cyber Defense Analyst Pathway
University of West Florida
UWF CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce in the areas of systems administration and cyber defense. The program offers two pathways in an asynchronous and online learning environment. Both provide training, industry certification prep, job-matching support, program support resources, and a career path to the growing field of cybersecurity for transitioning military personnel, transitioning first responders, and veterans.
The Cyber Defense Analyst Pathway is designed to prepare participants for cyber defense analyst and related work roles, which use defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur, or might occur, within the network in order to protect information and information systems from threats. Participants will also learn how to evaluate and implement security protocols and practices within their employer’s organization.
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Entry Level
- Asynchronous Online
- May 23, 2022
- Aug. 12, 2022
- 8 weeks
- NCAE-C UWF Network Defense Fundamentals
- NCAE-C UWF Threat Intelligence
- NCAE-C UWF Advanced Network Defense
- NCAE-C UWF IBM Security Operations Center in Practice Course
- Concepts and applications of computer networks and proficiency with Linux OS or completion, or completion of the UWF System Administrator pathway.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.