Cyber Defense Analyst Pathway
University of South Florida – Cyber Florida
About This Program
The USF - Cyber Florida CyberSkills2Work offers a 19-week intensive training program designed to train participants in cyber defense analysis. The program is offered in a hybrid format with pre-recorded online content and three, one-hour live virtual sessions per week. The program also offers virtual labs, professional development opportunities, and vouchers for the CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification examinations to students who successfully complete the course. It is open to Florida residents and offered at no cost to selected participants.
About This Pathway
The Cyber Defense Analyst Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a cyber defense analyst work role, where they can use defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, report, and ultimately protect information, information systems, and networks from threats. Participants will also learn how to evaluate and implement security protocols and practices within their organization. Application Opens: July 16, 2023 ; Deadline to Apply: September 16, 2023.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, first responder, woman, military spouse, underrepresented minority, or government personnel.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Must have proof of Florida residency.
- Must have a letter of recommendation (from an employer, coworker, teacher or other professional) explaining why you are an ideal candidate for program participation.
- Applicants should have some knowledge of computers and computer networks and be prepared to make the time commitment needed to successfully complete the 22-week program.
Target Work Role(s)
Hybrid (Online and Face-to-Face)
Industry Certifications Included
Start And End Dates
Oct. 30, 2023 -- until -- March 31, 2024
Duration (In Weeks)
Digital Badges Awarded
- CompTIA CySA+ ce Certification
- NCAE-C USF-CF Cyber Defense Fundamentals
- NCAE-C USF-CF Networking Fundamentals