Cyber Defense Analyst Pathway
University of South Florida – Cyber Florida
USF CyberSkills2Work (also known as CyberWorks) is a workforce development program which prepares career changers for a cyber defense analyst work role. Through online instruction and hands-on learning, this intensive 12-week program prepares learners to enter the cybersecurity workforce as tier 1 security operation center (SOC) analysts. The program is open to Florida residents, over the age of 18, who have work authorization in the U.S. and at least a high school diploma/GED equivalent. Priority consideration will be given to transitioning military veterans and first responders, and individuals who identify as women, people of color, and people with disabilities. It is offered at no cost to selected participants.
The Cyber Defense Analyst Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a cyber defense analyst work role, where they can use defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, report, and ultimately protect information, information systems, and networks from threats. Participants will also learn how to evaluate and implement security protocols and practices within their organization.
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Entry Level
- Hybrid (Online and Face-to-Face)
- Feb. 6, 2023
- June 16, 2023
- 19 weeks
- CompTIA CySA+ ce Certification
- NCAE-C USF-CF Cyber Defense Fundamentals
- NCAE-C USF-CF Networking Fundamentals
- Applicants should have some knowledge of computers and computer networks and be prepared to make the time commitment needed to successfully complete the 19-week program.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
- Must have proof of Florida residency.
- Must have a letter of recommendation.