Technical Support Specialist Pathway
Florida International University
FIU CyberSkills2Work offers a short-term, intensive training program designed to recruit, prepare, and place participants into the cybersecurity work roles of cyber defense forensics analyst and threat/warning analyst. The program delivers three pathways in an asynchronous and synchronous online format and provides training, certification, assistance with job placement, mentoring, and a career path to transitioning military personnel, transitioning first responders, and veterans. This program is at no cost to selected participants.
The Technical Support Specialist Pathway is designed to prepare participants for a technical support specialist work role. This eight-week, self-paced online course provides the foundational knowledge to transitioning military personnel, veterans, and first responders seeking to enter the cybersecurity workforce or advance in their respective careers. Participants will be prepared with theoretical and practical cybersecurity knowledge for more advanced courses in cybersecurity through nine course modules.
- Technical Support Specialist
- Entry Level
- Asynchronous Online
- Jan. 8, 2024
- March 3, 2024
- 8 weeks
- Foundations of Cybersecurity
Application Period: September 1, 2023 – January 1, 2024
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, first responder, woman, military spouse, underrepresented minority, or government personnel.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. (School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.)