Threat/Warning (OSINT and Dark Web) Analyst Pathway
Dakota State University
About This Program
DSU CyberSkills2Work (also known as the OSINT Academy) prepares learners to analyze, collect, operate, investigate, protect, and defend information and information systems. Digital security breaches and ransomware attacks have escalated in recent years, and the United States lacks the number of trained analysts and investigators needed to protect our national interests and assets. This program is gearing up for the country’s projected growth of cybersecurity analysts in coming years. It’s arming learners with tactical cyberdefense skills and producing individuals qualified to thwart cybercrimes.
About This Pathway
The Threat/Warning Analyst (OSINT and Dark Web) Pathway prepares participants for a threat/warning analyst work role. This learner-centric, competency-focused education trains students on evidence identification, acquisition, preservation and investigative processes for traditional hard disk drives, emerging internet of things (loT) devices, cloud accounts, and online communication. Participants learn best practices for open-source intelligence and dark web investigations; evidence identification, acquisition, and preservation; and processes for traditional hard disk drives, IoT devices, cloud-based accounts, and social media platforms. Pathway graduates might also work as a law enforcement/counterintelligence forensics analyst, cyber defense forensics analyst, cyber operator, cybercrime investigator, cyber defense analyst, or cyber incident responder.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a veteran, transitioning service member, or first responder.
- Must have at least a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. School transcripts of the highest level of education completed are required.
- Must have some IT or cybersecurity experience.
High school diploma
Target Work Role(s)
Industry Certifications Included
Start And End Dates
Jan. 8, 2024 -- until -- March 4, 2024
Duration (In Weeks)
Digital Badges Awarded
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Foundations
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Optimized
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Search Engine Researcher
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Social Media Researcher
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Technical Researcher
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Public Records Researcher
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Analyst
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Presenter
- NCAE-C DSU OSINT Specialist Investigator - Capstone